This is just my suspection.
After I receive that error, I look at the windows `Event Viewer` and found the suspection log in `Windows Logs > Application` that may be the cause of the error.
An unhandled exception ('System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException') occurred in OWSTIMER.EXE . Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on. Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSqmTimerJobDefinition (ID 8cf157ec-d9bb-4078-9911-536a483bc38d) threw an exception. More information is included below. Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
1. Launch Sharepoint Central Administration
2. Navigate to: Application Management > Web Applications > Manage Web Applications
3. Select the target web application.
4. Select General Settings from the General Settings dropdown on the Web ribbon.
5. Scroll down to the bottom.
6. Set Enable Customer Experience Improvement Program to No
ref : alstechtips